Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Metal Gear Soild - Guns of the Patriots

After the incident of Akihabara (Japan) murder on 8 June 2008

(Background: 25 year old Tomohiro Kato was a video game fan, news reported that he pick his style of killing just like GTA (grand thief Auto) game)

People seem to start ask question that whether the video game is a poison toxic towards teenagers’ mind.

Some even put the blame on it.

I once read a book, it reflected that it is common that human mind will follow towards the most supporters group, the more supporter it is , the more it seem to be true.

This common mistake was repeated since human history if you have read the history of human dark side where innocent lives were taken as they did not stand on the side where most people are.

Those who did stand at the side yet are only being influence and not knowing the truth behind it.

Recently I watch my sister playing, Metal Gear Solid - Guns of the Patriots.

I must say this game was really a great learning process when I watched her play, not about killing or whatever if you think this is a war game as it seems to be or advertises.

But the logical thinking and some facts that bring out of it. I also came across the knowledge of war economy and words of wisdom by Snake (the main character) and other characters of life, death and to live on for tomorrow’s future.

If one day people ask me, is video game bad, I say that nothing good or bad, only thinking make it so.

At least, I’ve learn the hope of life, and the cruel of war in a video game name Metal Gear Solid - Guns of the Patriots.

No comments: