Friday, September 26, 2008

壅正 有一名言:站着借钱,蹲着还钱


Yong Zhen (the king of Qing from china) once said: Stand to loan, squat to return
It means when you loan money, you are standing but to beg for return you have to squat down to ask for the loan to be return.
I have been remembering this sentence so deep and hard.
Every time whenever asking loan, people will say ok for anything, they will say how urgent they need and you are the only savour they can find.
Today , my day was totally spoil by an employee who say this to me in phone that if he know that I , as an HR will deduct his loan as per time of his salary he will not loan in the beginning.
For hell, I never asked or beg him to loan in the beginning, beside I not working at Ah Long Pte Ltd.
He requested to deduct per month, but from the record if I do that it will take at least 8 month to finish the deduction. Yet he says 8 month is short.
Money depreciated as time goes by so if the debtors don’t paid in time and drag as long as possible. He/she can use the money to put in bank to gain interest while the person who give the loan WITHOUT INTEREST will end up loss the gain of interest and thus get nothing in the end and with a high risk of maybe if that person don’t worked no more , he can just walk away…
LOAN = HIGH RISK, NO RETURN
However is not the problem of time value or is not matter of not being kind enough to help the employee but is the way how the employee reacts and responded.
What the hell, when did I asked him to loan? Beside I put my contract clear and easy to read that all deduction is per time basic yet he say he too rushes so didn’t read.
No time to read what is the terms and conditions with only around 3 short sentences?
I disagreed to be per month but I allow 2 times per month instead of 4 times with the fact that contact is clear and easy to read, and all the employee should understand that company have their own polices to maintain and the fact that he should not be irresponsibly said that if he had know he won’t loan.
Our company especially my dear boss has been out of good will to help employee who really need help, yet in the end when I working as HR deduct their salaries to maintain the polices to loan and return always get the cold words and think as a blood sucker in the company.
If they think I am blood sucker , I agreed in my way , with the fact I hate people thinks that owning money is a right thing to do and worst to show faces to the person who once help him/her when need to.

No comments: