Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vessel opening ceremony

This is the 1st time I attended an event of the opening ceremony of vessel. My dad was involved in the design for the champagne bottle breaking equipment which sort of specially tailors made for his client as requested.

At 1st I didn’t plan to stay for their rehearse , until my dad call me that he need me to drive him to the shopping mall to get some wine for the event.

So i stay awhile at the event rehearse ,during the rehearse, they have made a try for the equipment to test the “fake” champagne bottle which was filled with water. Gosh the bottle didn’t break even with heavy hit!!! Our client started to get worry, and I started to panic too, cause I understand that in the vessel world,the open ceremony for the vessel, the champagne are used to hit the vessel in order to give blessing to the vessel, sailor believed that if champagne didn’t break, it means bad luck will come to the vessel. Gosh!!! My dad later point up that the workers have shifted the equipment that cause the position of the champagne bottle to be unable to hit the structure part of vessel. In theory of physics, if the bottle hits only the body of vessel , it will only bounded back. After shifting , finally the testing work.

When the real ceremony started , I sit at the back of the event , camera and video it while praying hard with my heart jumping that the bottle will break. But frankly, I believed my dad lah , afterall he has been very experience.>0<

Although i didnt stay to watch the whole event, but i heard my dad said the vessel will be leaving soon to sea. Bona iter itineris( Blessing journey , in latin)!

Photobucket

The vessel.

ship

The long equipment which support the champagne - stressful..look small but very important thing for the event 爸爸您辛苦了!!T_T

No comments: